This sweet, sour and very spicy honey Sriracha sauce takes a simple grilled chicken breast to a whole new level! It’s an easy sauce that you can whip up in 5 minutes on the stovetop with a few pantry ingredients.
For more delicious spicy Sriracha recipes, also check out this ginger Sriracha sauce and this Sriracha cream cheese chicken!
What is honey Sriracha?
Sriracha sauce by itself is a very spicy, thick hot sauce made from chili peppers, garlic, salt, sugar and vinegar. It’s sweet, sour, salty and very, very fiery.
Honey Sriracha sauce is a sauce made from Sriracha and honey, along with a few other seasonings. The honey mellows out Sriracha’s heat a little bit and adds a delicious, mild sweetness to the sauce.
You can purchase pre-made honey Sriracha sauce from the store but it’s very easy (and much tastier) to make your own!
- Butter adds richness and mellows out the otherwise quite harsh flavor of the Sriracha sauce. (It doesn’t take away any of the spiciness, just the harshness.)
- Ginger and apple cider vinegar add a slight fruitiness that works well with the spicy flavors of the Sriracha.
How to make it:
This sauce couldn’t be easier to make. Simply add all ingredients to a saucepan and cook for a few minutes until thickened slightly.
How to use it:
Serve this sauce warm with grilled chicken breast or grilled chicken thighs and rice. You can also serve this honey Sriracha as a warm dipping sauce for chicken nuggets, chicken wings or meatballs.
How to store it:
Let the sauce cool to room temperature, then transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge. Reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
How spicy is this sauce?
This sauce is very spicy!
More delicious spicy sauces for chicken:
- Sriracha Cream Cheese Chicken25 Minutes
- Creamy Chipotle Sauce for Chicken9 Minutes
- Spicy Smoked Paprika Sauce for Chicken12 Minutes
- Buffalo Chicken Gnocchi20 Minutes
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thank you!
Full Printable Recipe
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- measuring cups and spoons
- knife and cutting board OR garlic press
- small saucepan
- spoon or rubber spatula
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter*
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup Sriracha sauce
- 4 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 4 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan.
- Turn on the heat and bring the sauce to a full boil, stirring continuously. Turn down the heat and simmer the sauce until it's thickened a bit (3 to 5 minutes).
- Serve hot or warm.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.
Leave a Comment