This easy honey chili chicken marinade turns boneless, skinless chicken breast into tender, juicy, spicy-sweet Sriracha deliciousness. Fresh garlic, soy sauce and rice vinegar round out the flavors in this marinade and dried oregano adds a delicious herbiness that balances the sweet and the spicy.
- Sriracha is a thick, hot chili sauce that’s made from a red chili peppers, sugar, salt, garlic and vinegar. It’s excellent in marinades and also in sauces, like this honey sriracha sauce, this ginger aioli and this cream cheese sauce for chicken.
How to make it:
Step 1. Add all marinade ingredients to a bowl.
Step 2. Whisk until smooth. Transfer to a plastic bag, add chicken and marinate in the fridge for 1 hour. Grill the chicken.
How to serve the chicken:
Serve the grilled chicken breast with rice and vegetables or on salads.
How spicy is this marinade?
This marinade has a medium level of spiciness from the Sriracha sauce.
More delicious chicken marinades:
- Pineapple Jalapeno Chicken Marinade1 Hours 5 Minutes
- Herbs de Provence Chicken Marinade1 Hours 15 Minutes
- Mexican Chicken Marinade1 Hours 15 Minutes
- Cajun Chicken Marinade (smoky and spicy)1 Hours 15 Minutes
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thank you!
Full Printable Recipe
Honey Chili Chicken Marinade (with Sriracha)
- measuring spoons
- garlic press (optional)
- mixing bowl
- knife and cutting board
- meat mallet or rolling pin
- resealable plastic bag
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
- 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Add oregano, honey, garlic, Sriracha, vinegar, oil, soy sauce and salt to a bowl.
- Whisk until well combined, then transfer to a resealable plastic bag.
- Remove excess fat and cartilage from the chicken breast(s). Pound or slice the chicken to an even thickness of about half an inch, then add to the bag and move around in the marinade until fully coated.
- Transfer to the fridge and marinate for 1 hour.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade and throw directly on the grill.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.
Leave a Comment