Cold Sesame Noodles
These cold sesame noodles are delicious, cheap, super easy to make and take five minutes from start to finish. All you need is pantry ingredients and a bit of cabbage and/or carrot.
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 5 minutes
- 4 ounces soba noodles, uncooked
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (with peanuts as the only ingredient)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sambal (more if you like it spicier)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- mint leaves and sesame seeds, optional
- shredded cabbage and/or carrot
Cook the soba noodles according to package instructions, then thoroughly rinse them with cold water.
Whisk oil, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sambal and coconut milk together until smooth.
Toss the cold noodles with the sauce, sprinkle with mint leaves and sesame seeds (if using), add shredded vegetables and serve immediately.
Whatever you don't eat you need to throw away, you cannot store this noodle dish.