Last Updated on
Stir fry is what I fall back on whenever I don’t have ideas/time/motivation to make actual dinner plans. I always make the same sauce because it works equally well with meat, seafood and any vegetables I’ve ever tried it with.
How to make this stir fry sauce:
This sauce is very easy and quick to prepare, you simply whisk together sake, soy sauce, fresh garlic, sesame oil and seeds, a bit of cornstarch and a few crushed red pepper flakes for a bit of heat. Once you’ve fried your meat or seafood and vegetables, you pour the sauce in the hot pan and cook it for a minute until it thickens and turns translucent.
I used chicken, scallions, carrots, chili pepper and cashews here but shrimp, bok choy, bell peppers, broccoli, asparagus, napa cabbage, onion, mushrooms and whatever else you find in your fridge will be good too!
Looking for more stir fry recipes? I recommend this Sesame Lime Cilantro Chicken Noodle Stir Fry:
Universal Stir Fry Sauce
- 1/4 cup sake
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (use less or leave them out if you don't like it spicy)
- Add all ingredients together in a liquid measuring cup or something similar that you can easily pour out of and whisk until the cornstarch is dissolved. Leave the whisk sitting in the measuring cup, you'll need it again. Set aside.
- Heat a little bit of vegetable oil on high heat. Once shimmering add your meat or seafood. Fry until brown on the edges, then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat a little more vegetable oil (again on high) to the pan and add your vegetables. Fry until tender.
- Add the cooked meat (and accumulated juices) back to the pan, briefly whisk the sauce ingredients again and then pour them into the pan.
- Cook on high heat until the sauce turns translucent and thickens.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!