Take care of your Thanksgiving leftovers with this delicious turkey cranberry grilled cheese sandwich! In addition to turkey and cranberry sauce, this grilled sandwich is stuffed with gruyere, fresh tarragon and rustic tarragon mustard. It makes for a refreshing change after days of the same.
Love gourmet grilled cheese? Also check out this fancy grilled cheese sandwich with Bourbon caramelized shallots!
Why make this sandwich?
- The sharp mustard, the fresh tarragon and the pungent gruyere take this sandwich completely away from the traditional Thanksgiving flavors. That makes it a nice change after a few days of mashed sweet potatoes and green bean casserole.
- The sharp and intense mustard peps up the turkey meat nicely.
- The tarragon adds freshness and herb flavors that are great with the fruity cranberry sauce, the gruyere and the smoky grilled bread.
How to make the sandwich:
You’ll need tarragon mustard or a rustic mustard of your choice for this sandwich. I recommend making your own mustard with this homemade tarragon mustard recipe. (If you make the homemade mustard, note that it needs to mellow in the fridge for 2 days. So be sure to plan ahead for that.)
Once you have the mustard, the rest goes very quickly. Stuff turkey meat, cranberry sauce, gruyere, mustard and chopped fresh tarragon between two slices of bread. Grill the sandwich on a grill pan or a panini press.
I recommend a rustic, crusty bread for this grilled sandwich. (I used a walnut cranberry bread here for extra fruitiness.)
More delicious tarragon recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
Turkey Cranberry Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- kitchen scale
- measuring spoons
- knife and cutting board
- cheese grater
- grill pan or panini press
- 4 ounces leftover turkey meat
- 2 tablespoons cranberry sauce
- 2 ounces grated gruyere cheese
- 2 tablespoons tarragon mustard* (or a rustic mustard of your choice)
- 2 teaspoons roughly chopped fresh tarragon (you need about two 6-inch sprigs for that)
- 4 slices rustic bread, such as cranberry walnut bread
- Stuff meat, cranberry sauce, gruyere, mustard and tarragon between two slices of the bread. Grill on a grill pan or a panini press.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.
they sound so delicious!
Thanks, they really are! :)