Last Updated on
If you like your pizza crust crispy and thin as a cracker then you’ll love this recipe. I had been trying to figure out how to make a good pizza crust for years until I came across lavash, a tasty Middle Eastern flatbread.
Lavash is soft, very thin and bakes up deliciously crispy in minutes. It also freezes well and thaws very quickly. In other words, it’s the perfect pizza base.
For this recipe I topped the lavash with sumac spice-rubbed grilled chicken breast, a few vegetables and some cheese. I recommend you serve this pizza with tzatziki – enjoy!
Want to try another recipe that uses sumac? Check out this Sumac Chicken Brown Butter Almond Rice Bowl:
Sumac Chicken Lavash Pizza
- lavash bread, about 10 inches by 12 inches (see notes)
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon sumac
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard seeds, ground
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 -3 canned artichoke hearts, quartered
- 1.5 tablespoons roughly chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- 1/2 zucchini, shaved
- 1 cup grated cheese, I used a mix of cheddar and gruyere
- green onion for garnish
- Whisk sumac, mustard seed, chili, salt and pepper together in a bowl and rub on the chicken breast.
- Grill the spice-rubbed chicken, then cut into chunks.
- Sprinkle the lavash bread with vegetables, cheese and chicken and bake in a 350-degree oven until the cheese is melted (about 10 minutes).
- Sprinkle with green onion and serve by itself or with tzatziki.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: