Last Updated on
Hi everyone! I’ve got a delicious and super-quick and easy recipe for star anise poached pears. If you have never combined star anise with fruit, I highly recommend that you do, the two are a wonderful combination.
If you make these pears, be aware that a lot of great anise flavor is in the cooking liquid so don’t throw it away, drizzle it over the pears.
More delicious fruit desserts:
- Raspberry Custard
- Vanilla Cream with Cinnamon-Sugared Cranberries
- Lemon Cream Puffs
- Ginger Honey Roasted Pears
- Black Forest Eton Mess
- Raspberry Apple Crisp
- Stovetop Apple Crisp
- Lemon Ginger Mousse
- Almond Orange Mousse with Anise
- Apple Tarts with Chai-Spiced Custard Sauce
Star Anise Poached Pears
- 4 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 star anise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 Taylor's Gold pears, peeled, cored and halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- Put all ingredients into a tall, narrow pot. Make sure the pears are submerged.
- Bring the liquid to a boil.
- Turn down the heat and simmer uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Transfer pear halves to bowls, sprinkle with the nuts and drizzle some cooking liquid over them.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: