This creamy, tangy and spicy burger sauce is the best! It tastes fantastic on beef burgers, has great flavor from oregano, garlic, chili powder seasoning and hot sauce and enhances the flavor of beef without overwhelming it.
Recipe ingredients and notes:
- Classic burger sauce (also called hamburger dressing) is made with mayonnaise and ketchup plus spices and/or herbs. What's different about the recipe here is that I used canned tomato sauce instead of ketchup. Tomato sauce has a nice, pure, tangy tomato flavor without any of the sugariness that ketchup has.
- You can use either fresh or dried oregano, both taste great in this sauce.
- Use mild or medium chili powder seasoning, depending on how spicy you want the sauce to be.
How to make it:
Step 1. Add all ingredients to a bowl.
Step 2. Whisk together until smooth.
Recipe notes, tips and questions:
The spiciness in this sauce comes both from hot sauce and chili powder seasoning. Use mild chili powder seasoning for a moderately spicy sauce and medium chili powder seasoning for a pretty spicy sauce.
You can keep leftover sauce in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 days.
Yes! You can use it as a dipping sauce for grilled shrimp, fried breaded fish and chicken nuggets. The sauce also works great as a dressing for a meat salad.
More delicious spicy sauce recipes:
See all sauce recipes →
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thank you!
Full Printable Recipe
Spicy Burger Sauce
- measuring cups and spoons
- garlic press (optional)
- knife and cutting board
- mixing bowl
- 2 tablespoons canned tomato sauce
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and minced or pressed through a garlic press
- ½ teaspoon chili powder seasoning*
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce, such as Louisiana hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh oregano** (you need about one 6-inch sprig or an equivalent amount for that)
- ½ tablespoon mild olive oil
- Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.