This easy shrimp seasoning has a wonderful savory herb flavor from basil, marjoram, oregano, garlic and onion powder. The herbs are perfectly balanced by a hint of citrus and a little bit of spiciness from crushed red pepper flakes.
One of the great things about shrimp is the fact that they are so versatile. They are fantastic with bold and spicy flavors, like in these smoked paprika shrimp or in this shrimp and sausage pasta sauce. But, they are just as delicious in combination with milder flavors, like in this citrus and herb seasoning. This seasoning will transform any shrimp into a gourmet appetizer and is at the same time very easy to make. You can also easily store it and keep on hand for when you need it.
How to make it:
See full ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below!
Step 1. Thoroughly wash and dry a lemon.
Step 2. Zest the lemon.
Step 3. Let the zest dry (about 1 day).
Step 4. Add all herbs, spices and 1 teaspoon dried lemon zest to a jar, put on the lid and shake until well combined.
How to use it:
Step 1. Pat shrimp dry with paper towels. (You can use any size shrimp.)
Step 2. Lightly brush shrimp with mild olive oil, then set on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
Step 3. Sprinkle shrimp with seasoning.
Step 4. Bake at 400 degrees F. until opaque (5-8 minutes depending on the size of the shrimp). Serve immediately.
How to store it:
You can store the seasoning in an airtight container in the kitchen cabinet for several months.
How spicy is this seasoning?
This seasoning is mildly spicy. You can make it spicier by adding more crushed red pepper flakes.
More delicious seafood seasonings:
- Salmon Dry Rub5 Minutes
- Ahi Tuna Rub5 Minutes
- Lemon Dill Seasoning Recipe24 Hours 10 Minutes
- Cod Spice Rub5 Minutes
See all seasoning and dry rub recipes →
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
- baking sheet or plate
- wax paper or parchment paper
- citrus zester
- paper towel
- measuring spoons
- glass jar with lid
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried marjoram
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes*
- Line a small baking sheet or a plate with wax paper or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Thoroughly wash and dry the lemon, then zest it.
- Sprinkle the zest onto the wax paper or parchment paper, then cover loosely with a paper towel. Set sit at room temperature until completely dry (about 1 day).
- Add pepper, onion and garlic powder, oregano, basil, marjoram, salt and red pepper flakes to a jar.
- Add 1 teaspoon dried lemon zest to the jar, then put on the lid and shake everything until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to use.
- Shake well before each use.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.
Leave a Comment