These delicious shrimp remoulade salad cups are full of fresh herbs with just a hint of spice from Hungarian paprika. A very refreshing appetizer that comes together quickly and easily!
For more delicious shrimp recipes, check out this spicy coconut shrimp soup and this fried coconut rice with shrimp. If you’ve got some fresh oregano left over, try this delicious creamy, garlicky 5-minute oregano sauce or this lemon artichoke pesto.
Why make this recipe:
- the combination of fresh herbs and shrimp along with the slightly spicy, sharp and tangy remoulade sauce makes this recipe special
- this appetizer is incredibly easy to make and requires very little work
About the remoulade:
The dressing for these shrimp salad cups most closely resembles a Louisiana-style remoulade. It’s a cold sauce made with mayonnaise, mustard, garlic, a bit of spice and fresh herbs. I added a little bit of yogurt as well to make the remoulade less heavy. You can add a few drops of lemon juice to taste for extra zing.
Shrimp remoulade ingredients:
INGREDIENT NOTE: If you don’t have Hungarian paprika on hand, you can substitute chili powder for an equally flavorful but slightly less spicy version.
How to make it:
Step 1. Whisk together all remoulade ingredients except for the lemon juice and the shrimp. Chill the remoulade for 30 minutes to let the flavors develop.
Step 2. Add the shrimp into the remoulade, then season to taste with a few drops of fresh lemon juice. Spoon onto fresh lettuce leaves and serve cold.
What type of lettuce is best to use?
Butter lettuce works best in this recipe. It tastes great and individual butter lettuce leaves are shaped like small cups that are perfect for holding the shrimp remoulade.
How to store leftovers:
Transfer any leftover shrimp remoulade into an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 day.
Store fresh lettuce leaves in a separate container along with a moist paper towel to keep the lettuce fresh and crunchy.
More delicious fresh herb recipes:
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
Shrimp Remoulade Salad Cups
For the shrimp remoulade:
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons whole milk yogurt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley*
- ¼ teaspoon minced fresh thyme*
- ¼ teaspoon minced fresh oregano*
- ¼ teaspoon Hungarian paprika**
- a few drops of lemon juice to taste
- ½ pound shrimp (you can use any size), cooked and cut into bite-sized chunks
- 4 large lettuce leaves
- Whisk together all remoulade ingredients except for the lemon juice and the shrimp.
- Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes to let the flavors develop.
- Add the shrimp to the remoulade, then season to taste with a little bit of lemon juice. Spoon into lettuce cups and serve cold.