These quick sheet pan zucchini are a great summer side dish that’s super easy to make. They are topped with crispy coriander panko bread crumbs, drizzled with fresh lemon juice and come together in 30 minutes.
Why make this recipe?
- These baked zucchini are a delicious, quick and easy summer side dish.
- The recipe is very hands-off. All you need is 5 minutes of prep time and the oven does the rest for you.
- There is almost no clean up required.
- You can easily scale the recipe to make as many servings as you like.
- Be sure to use panko and not regular bread crumbs for this recipe. The crispiness of panko is needed for this recipe.
- If you don’t have ground coriander on hand, you can leave it out. The dish will still taste delicious.
How to make it:
See full ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below!
- Line a small sheet pan with aluminum foil. Quarter a zucchini and brush the skin with olive oil.
- Mix panko, salt, ground coriander and olive oil in a bowl.
- Heap the panko mix onto the zucchini.
- Bake until golden-brown.
How to serve it:
Transfer the baked zucchini onto plates and spoon all the bread crumbs that are on the foil on top. Serve as a side dish with grilled seafood or chicken of any kind.
More delicious summer side dishes:
See all side dish recipes ->
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
Sheet Pan Zucchini
- 1 zucchini, quartered
- ½ teaspoon + 1 tablespoon mild olive oil
- ½ cup panko*
- a scant ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander seeds**
- a few drops lemon juice, to taste
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a small sheet pan with aluminum foil. Set aside.
- Brush the skin of the zucchini quarters with ½ teaspoon olive oil, then set the quarters on the foil skin-side down.
- Add panko, salt and coriander to a bowl. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and mix with a spoon until evenly moistened.
- Heap the panko mix onto the zucchini quarters. Bake until the panko is golden-brown and the zucchini cooked through (~25 minutes).