Last Updated on
Why I love it: This chicken noodle stir fry dish is refreshing, spicy and flavorful and takes little work to put together.
I flavored this stir fry with lime zest, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, cilantro and a fresh chili pepper (in addition to the more “standard” stir fry ingredients: soy sauce, rice vinegar and honey). For the noodle part I used hokkien here but soba work just as well.
The freshness of the lime zest and the cilantro, the spice of the chili pepper and the intense flavors of the garlic and ginger work together beautifully and the preparation is super-easy, you just whisk the ingredients together into a sauce, then use half of it to marinate the chicken and the remaining half as the stir fry sauce.
The recipe is very similar to my Asian Noodle Salad except that it’s a stir fry, not a salad, plus it uses chicken instead of shrimp. Both recipes have become my favorites. :)
Looking for an Asian-style appetizer to serve ahead of this chicken noodle stir fry? I recommend these Sweet and Sour Ginger Roasted Mushrooms:
Sesame Lime Cilantro Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced or pressed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 chili pepper, sliced, most of the ribs and seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro
- zest of 1/2 lime
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- 5 chicken tenderloins, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil for frying
- 12 small broccoli florets
- 14 ounces cooked hokkien noodles, you can substitute soba if you'd like
- 1/4 teaspoon cornstarch
- 20 mint leaves, optional
- In a two-cup liquid measuring cup mix soy sauce, rice vinegar, garlic, honey, chili pepper, sesame oil, cilantro, lime zest, ginger and sesame seeds together.
- Pour half of the mix into a bowl, add the chicken pieces to the bowl, cover and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes. Set the remaining half of the sauce that's still in the liquid measuring cup aside. (This will become the stir fry sauce.)
- Drain the chicken into a colander, discarding the marinade it was in.
- Fry the chicken pieces in two batches: Heat half of the oil in a non-stick pan on high heat until shimmering, then fry half of the chicken pieces until they start to brown on the edges. Take out of the pan and set aside. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Add the broccoli to the pan, add 1/4 cup of water and boil (uncovered) until all the water has evaporated.
- Add the chicken back to the pan.
- Add the noodles to the pan.
- Stir the cornstarch into the sauce mix that's still in the liquid measuring cup and add to the pan.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the sauce starts to thicken and turns translucent.
- Take off the heat and serve with chopped mint leaves (optional).
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!