Make easy and delicious meals with this versatile seasoning for ground turkey! Bold and intense smoked paprika and flavorful dried sage pair up with cumin, onion powder, garlic powder and salt in this homemade spice blend. Use the seasoned ground turkey to make pasta sauces, turkey burgers, turkey meatballs, lettuce wraps and more!
- Seasoning ingredients and notes:
- How to make the seasoning:
- How to season ground turkey:
- Different fat percentages of ground turkey:
- How much seasoning should I use?
- How to use cooked seasoned ground turkey:
- How to store the seasoning:
- More delicious seasonings for ground meat:
- Full Printable Recipe
Seasoning ingredients and notes:
- You can use either sweet or hot smoked paprika for this recipe.
- This recipe calls for dried sage but if you only have ground sage on hand, you can substitute that. Substitute 1 teaspoon ground sage for 1 tablespoon dried sage.
How to make the seasoning:
Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined.
How to season ground turkey:
Sprinkle the seasoning onto raw ground turkey meat, then mix in lightly using a fork.
Fry the seasoned meat on medium-high heat in mild olive oil until cooked through and starting to brown on the edges. (The best way to make sure that the meat is fully cooked is by checking it with an instant read thermometer. The safe minimum internal temperature of turkey is 165 degrees F.)
Different fat percentages of ground turkey:
Ground turkey is a lean protein that has a few health benefits over red meat, such as ground beef. Like ground beef, you can buy ground turkey with different fat content. (Ground turkey is usually made from a combination of light meat and dark meat. Light meat is very lean and dark meat contains a bit more fat.) For the seasoning recipe here, I recommend 93 percent lean ground turkey.
Looking for a delicious way to season ground beef instead? Check out our all-purpose recipe for ground beef seasoning!
How much seasoning should I use?
Use about 2 tablespoons of this seasoning for 1 pound of ground turkey.
How to use cooked seasoned ground turkey:
You can use the cooked seasoned ground turkey for many ground turkey recipes, including:
- turkey meatloaf
- tomato pasta sauces
- turkey burgers
- turkey meatballs
How to store the seasoning:
Store the seasoning in an airtight container, such as a glass jar. Keep in a cool and dry place, such as the kitchen pantry.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thank you!
More delicious seasonings for ground meat:
Full Printable Recipe
Seasoning for Ground Turkey
- measuring spoons
- mixing bowl
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried sage (or 1 teaspoon ground sage)
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container, such as a jar, in a cool and dry place.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.