This scallion aioli is flavored with fried scallion greens and has a nice smokiness and a little bit of spice from smoked hot paprika powder.
This scallion aioli is super simple to make and full of flavor at the same time. Rather than adding fresh scallions, I decided to fry them to give the dip an intense, charred onion flavor. Smoked hot paprika adds a little bit of heat and a nice smoky flavor that goes well with the fried scallions.
- Scallions are the same as green onions. You need only the green tops for this recipe.
- You can use vegetable oil (including avocado oil) or a mild olive oil for this recipe.
How to make it:
See full ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below!
Step 1. Slice and chop scallion greens.
Step 2. Heat oil in a non-stick or cast iron pan and fry chopped scallion greens. Let cool a bit.
Step 3. Add mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic and paprika to a bowl.
Step 4. Add fried scallions and whisk until smooth.
How to use it:
This aioli makes an excellent meatball dipping sauce and is also great with grilled shrimp. You can also spread it on sandwiches, chicken or beef burgers or use it as a dip for French fries or potato chips.
How to store leftovers:
This aioli tastes best fresh but you can keep it in the fridge for up to one day in an airtight container.
More delicious smoked paprika recipes:
See all paprika recipes →
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment. Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
- knife and cutting board
- measuring cups and spoons
- cast iron or non-stick pan
- wooden spoon
- mixing bowl
- 4 scallions
- 1 teaspoon olive oil or avocado oil*
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 small or 1 large garlic clove, minced or pressed through a garlic press
- ¼ teaspoon smoked hot paprika
- ¼ teaspoon lemon juice
- Slice and chop the green parts of the scallions (keep the white parts for another use).
- Heat oil in a cast iron or non-stick pan until shimmering.
- Fry the scallions on high heat until starting to brown (~ 2 minutes). Let cool.
- In a bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, garlic, paprika and lemon juice.
- Stir the scallions into the aioli.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.