Turn your grilled or roasted chicken breast into a gourmet dinner with this easy and delicious rosemary cream sauce. Extra dry vermouth adds an extra layer of flavor to this rich and luscious sauce that you can make with fresh or dried rosemary.
For more quick gourmet sauces, try this 5-minute oregano sauce with lemon zest and Parmesan cheese or this spicy smoked paprika sauce with cilantro.
A few notes on some of the ingredients:
- Be sure to use extra dry vermouth for this recipe. No other kind will work.
- You will need 1 tablespoon tomato paste for this recipe. If you had to open a can and are looking for ideas as to what to do with the rest, check out these delicious recipes that use tomato paste.
How to make it (overview with photos):
- Melt butter.
- Saute diced onion until translucent.
- Add extra dry vermouth and cook until reduced by half.
- Stir in tomato paste, rosemary, heavy cream and salt.
How to use it:
This sauce is delicious with grilled or roasted chicken and rice. If you want to add a vegetable, I recommend steamed peas.
How to store leftovers:
Transfer any leftover sauce into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat the sauce over gentle heat, stirring continuously.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
More delicious recipes:
5-Minute Rosemary Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup diced white or yellow onion (about ⅓ small onion)
- ½ cup extra dry vermouth*
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- scant ¼ teaspoon salt
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Saute the onion until translucent (~ 1 minute).
- Add vermouth and cook until reduced by about half (~2 minutes).
- Stir in tomato paste and rosemary, then cream and salt. Bring to a brief simmer, stirring continuously.