Turn your grilled or roasted chicken breast into a gourmet dinner with this easy and delicious rosemary cream sauce. Extra dry vermouth adds an extra layer of flavor to this rich and luscious sauce that you can make with fresh or dried rosemary.
A few notes on some of the ingredients:
- Be sure to use extra dry vermouth for this recipe. No other kind will work.
- You will need 1 tablespoon tomato paste for this recipe. If you had to open a can and are looking for ideas as to what to do with the rest, check out these delicious recipes that use tomato paste.
How to make it:
See full ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below!
Step 1. Melt butter.
Step 2. Saute diced onion until translucent.
Step 3. Add extra dry vermouth and cook until reduced by half.
Step 4. Stir in tomato paste, rosemary, heavy cream and salt.
How to use it:
This sauce is delicious with grilled or roasted chicken and rice. If you want to add a vegetable, I recommend steamed peas.
How to store leftovers:
Transfer any leftover rosemary sauce into an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 2 days. Reheat the sauce over gentle heat, stirring continuously.
More easy gourmet sauces:
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Join our mailing list to get all the latest recipes sent to your inbox!
Full Printable Recipe
5-Minute Rosemary Cream Sauce
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ¼ cup diced white or yellow onion (about ⅓ small onion)
- ½ cup extra dry vermouth*
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 ½ teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary** (you need about 9 inches of rosemary sprig or an equivalent amount for that)
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- scant ¼ teaspoon salt
- Melt the butter in a saucepan.
- Saute the onion until translucent (~ 1 minute).
- Add vermouth and cook until reduced by about half (~2 minutes).
- Stir in tomato paste and rosemary, then cream and salt.
- Stirring continuously, bring the sauce to a brief simmer, then turn the heat off and serve.