Last Updated on
These roasted mushrooms make an easy and delicious appetizer that comes together in a few minutes and without much work. The highlight of this recipe is a whipped chive garlic butter that works great in a number of other dishes as well.
This post was originally published on Aug. 9, 2015.
Chive garlic butter is a great addition for anything from seafood to steaks, potatoes, squash, you name it. You don’t have to put it on roasted mushrooms, but it is great on those too, of course.
How to make chive garlic butter:
You can make chive garlic butter by mashing up softened butter with chives and garlic but the butter is definitely better whipped. To do that, simply add 3 tablespoons softened, unsalted butter to a mixing bowl, then add 1 tablespoon cold water. Whip the mix with an electric mixer for a few minutes until the butter is creamy. Mix in 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh chives and 1 small minced or pressed garlic clove by hand and season to taste with a little bit of salt. Store the butter in the fridge but let it warm up a bit before serving for maximum flavor.
More roasted vegetable recipes:
- Roasted Cauliflower Salad
- Roasted Tomatoes with Tarragon Cream Sauce
- Roasted Fall Vegetables with Mustard Seeds and Bacon
Roasted Mushrooms with Chive Garlic Butter
- 7 ounces oyster mushrooms
- 10 ounces shiitake mushrooms
- olive oil
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced or pressed
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Spread the mushrooms out on a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with a little bit of olive oil.
- Roast the mushrooms until tender (15-20 minutes).
- While the mushrooms are in the oven, place the butter in a mixing bowl, add 1 tablespoon cold water, then whip with an electric mixer until creamy.
- Mix the chives and the garlic into the whipped butter, then season with salt to taste.
- Serve the roasted mushrooms with the butter.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: