Last Updated on
This flavorful raspberry habanero jam-glazed chicken burger is spicy, sweet, fruity, savory, hardy and delicate all at once. It’s made with an easy stovetop raspberry jam that is mixed with Dijon mustard and soy sauce and then brushed onto the chicken patties before grilling.
How to make the raspberry habanero jam:
This jam is quickly and easily made on the stovetop. Add 1/2 cup frozen raspberries and 1/4 cup granulated sugar along with a few drops of lemon juice to a small saucepan.
Cook the mix until the raspberries are broken down and the sugar is dissolved, then stir in 1/8 teaspoon habanero powder.
Let the jam cool to room temperature.
How to make the glaze:
The glaze is even simpler to make than the jam, you mix 2 tablespoons of the raspberry habanero jam with 1 teaspoon soy sauce and 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard.
How to make the raspberry habanero jam-glazed chicken burgers:
For the chicken burgers, cut 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast into 2-inch chunks and put them in the food processor.
Add 1 chopped green onion, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper.
Process the chicken into quarter-inch chunks.
Form two burger patties and brush one side of the patties with the glaze, grill glaze-side down, then brush the other side and flip over on the grill.
To assemble the burgers, put the burger patties between whole wheat buns and top with vegetables and condiments of your choice. I definitely recommend cucumber slices, the cool vegetable balances the spicy sweet jam beautifully.
For a refreshing summer cocktail to serve with this burger, I recommend this Bee’s Knees Cocktail:
Raspberry Habanero Jam-Glazed Chicken Burger
For the jam:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- a few drops lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon habanero powder
For the glaze:
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
For the chicken patty:
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast (about one large or two small chicken breasts)
- 1 green onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the burger:
- two burger buns
- thinly sliced cucumber
- red onion, sliced
Make the jam:
- Cook sugar, raspberries and lemon juice in a small saucepan until the raspberries are broken down and the sugar is dissolved.
- Stir in the habanero powder.
- Let the jam cool to room temperature.
Make the glaze:
- In a little bowl, mix 2 tablespoons raspberry habanero jam with mustard and soy sauce. Set aside.
Prepare the chicken:
- Cut the raw chicken breasts into 2-inch chunks and put them in the food processor.
- Add green onion, salt and pepper to the food processor.
- Pulse the chicken a few times briefly until you have about quarter-inch chunks.
- Form the ground chicken into two burger disks and brush one side with the glaze.
- Grill the patties glaze-side down until browned.
- Brush the other side of the patties with the remaining glaze and flip over on the grill.
- Grill until the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.
- Assemble the burgers with lettuce, cucumber and red onion and brush the remaining raspberry habanero jam onto the cooked patties.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: