Last Updated on
This flavorful raspberry habanero jam-glazed chicken burger is spicy, sweet, fruity, savory, hardy and delicate all at once. It’s made with an easy stovetop raspberry jam that is mixed with Dijon mustard and soy sauce and then brushed onto the chicken patties before grilling.
How to make the raspberry habanero jam:
This is a very simple jam, you just cook frozen raspberries with sugar and lemon juice until the raspberries are broken down, then you add a dash of habanero powder.
How to make the glaze:
The glaze is even simpler to make than the jam, you mix the raspberry habanero jam with Dijon mustard and soy sauce.
How to make the raspberry habanero jam-glazed chicken burgers:
For the chicken burgers, you grind chunks of boneless, skinless chicken breasts in the food processor along with chopped green onion and a little bit of salt and pepper.
Next you form the burger patties and brush one side of patties with the glaze, grill it glaze-side down, then brush the other side and flip it over on the grill.
To assemble the burgers, put the burger patties between whole wheat buns and top with vegetables and condiments of your choice. I definitely recommend to some cucumber slices, the cool vegetable balances the spicy sweet jam beautifully.
For a refreshing summer cocktail to serve with this burger, I recommend this Bee’s Knees Cocktail:
Raspberry Habanero Jam-Glazed Chicken Burger
For the jam:
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- a few drops lemon juice
- dash of habanero powder
For the glaze:
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
For the chicken patty:
- 2 small boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 green onion, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
For the burger:
- two burger buns
- thinly sliced cucumber
- red onion, sliced
- Pop the raw chicken breasts in the freezer for 15 to 20 minutes to make it easier to mince them.
Make the jam:
- Cook sugar, raspberries and lemon juice in a pot until the raspberries are broken down.
- Add habanero to the jam.
Make the glaze:
- In a little bowl, mix 2 tablespoons raspberry habanero jam with mustard and soy sauce. Set aside.
Prepare the chicken:
- Cut the chicken into 2-inch chunks and transfer to a food processor.
- Add onion, salt and pepper to the food processor.
- Pulse the chicken a few times briefly until you have about quarter-inch chunks.
- Form the ground chicken into burger disks and brush one side with the glaze.
- Grill the patties glaze-side down until browned.
- Brush the other side of the patty with the glaze and flip over on the grill.
- Grill until the internal temperature has reached 165 degrees F.
- Assemble the burgers with lettuce, cucumber and red onion and brush some raspberry habanero jam on the cooked patties.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: