Last Updated on
Happy Wednesday everyone! I’ve got a smashing lunch recipe for you today. This dish has been a staple of mine for more than 20 years and I’m still not tired of it. It’s very simple, very quick and very delicious. You just saute a little minced onion in butter, then add radicchio, a bit of cream and some chicken bouillon and serve over rice. The cooking gets rid of almost all the bitterness that makes radicchio
inedible unpleasant when it’s raw and turns it into a quite delicious vegetable. Hope you give it a try. :)
Looking for more easy but delicious lunch ideas? I recommend this Smoked Salmon Panini with Lemon Dill Mayonnaise:
Radicchio Rice Bowl
- 1 small head of radicchio
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons minced onion
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 chicken bouillon cube meant to make 1 cup of bouillon
- 1 cup cooked rice
- Take the radicchio apart into individual leaves and remove and discard the white parts, keeping only the purple parts of the leaves.
- Melt the butter in a skillet.
- Saute the onion until translucent.
- Add the radicchio leaves and saute until they are starting to wilt (about 2 minutes).
- Add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Add the chicken broth and dissolve in the cream.
- Take off the heat and serve over rice.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: