Last Updated on
I’ve got a delicious and super easy chocolate mousse for you today. I found the basic recipe for this dessert some 20 or so years ago in a magazine (don’t remember which one, of course) and it works beautifully.
You just slowly melt a chocolate bar in heavy cream, then chill the mix, then whip it with an electric mixer as if it were just whipped cream. That’s it!
I used white chocolate here (but milk chocolate works just as well) and added pumpkin spice. The mousse tastes great but is very rich, so be sure to keep the portions small. Hope you like it!
Pumpkin Spice White Chocolate Mousse
- 4 ounces white chocolate, I recommend Baker's Premium White Chocolate Baking Chocolate Bar*
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- amaretti cookies, optional
- Cut the chocolate into small chunks, then put it in a saucepan along with the cream and the pumpkin spice.
- Turn on the heat and slowly dissolve the chocolate. Don't let the cream get too hot, it shouldn't simmer, it should just be hot enough to melt the chocolate.
- Transfer the mix into a bowl and chill in the fridge for at least 4 hours.
- Beat the mix with an electric mixer until firm (it will take a few minutes to stiffen so don't get discouraged, just keep on going).
- Pipe into glasses or ramekins, chill before serving and top with amaretti cookies.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!