Last Updated on
This creamy pumpkin spice chocolate ganache is bursting with chocolate and warm and comforting pumpkin spice flavors. It’s perfect for your fall afternoon treat, whether that’s a hot chocolate or a mocha or a brownie. The recipe is easy to make and calls for just four ingredients.
This post was originally published on Sept. 27,2013.
What is chocolate ganache?
Chocolate ganache is a mix of chocolate and heavy cream melted together. The higher percentage of chocolate you use, the thicker the ganache will be. (I.e., dark, semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate will produce a thicker ganache than milk chocolate.)
How to make chocolate ganache:
You start by chopping up 1.5 ounces bittersweet chocolate and 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate and add them to a bowl along with 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin spice. Bring 1/4 cup heavy cream to a boil and pour it over the chocolate. Let the mix sit for a minute.
The hot cream will melt the chocolate and after you whisk the mix you have a delicious chocolate ganache.
You can drizzle the chocolate ganache on your dessert or on your espresso drink or use it as the base for making a hot chocolate by mixing it with hot milk.
Will this chocolate ganache set up?
Not unless you put it in the fridge. If you keep the ganache at room temperature, it will stay soft.
How do I best warm up chocolate ganache?
If you need to get the ganache to a softer consistency, gently heat it up in the microwave or over a pot of simmering water.
Make sure to chop up the chocolate very finely, it will melt easier and more evenly that way.
What other recipe can I use this chocolate ganache in?
An excellent way to use this chocolate ganache is this Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Espresso Milkshake with Coffee Liqueur:
More delicious fall dessert recipes:
- Bruleed Chai-Spiced Pots de Creme
- Hazelnut Pumpkin Spice Trifles
- Maple Hazelnut Custard
- Maple Mascarpone Cream
- Maple Pecan Bread Pudding
- Pumpkin Spice Hazelnut Cookies
- S’mores Mousse Tart with Crystallized Ginger Meringue
- Pumpkin Spice Hazelnut Churros
- Spiced Eggnog
- Spiced Irish Coffee
- Stovetop Apple Crisp
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Ganache
- 1.5 ounces bittersweet chocolate finely chopped*
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate finely chopped*
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Put chocolate and pumpkin pie spice into a heatproof bowl.
- Bring cream to a boil in a saucepan or in the microwave and pour over the chocolate/spice mix. Let it sit for a minute.
- Whisk until you have a homogeneous mixture.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: