This luscious and smooth pumpkin spice chocolate ganache is full of chocolate and warm and comforting pumpkin spice fall flavors. It’s perfect for your fall afternoon treat, whether that’s a hot chocolate or a mocha or a brownie. The recipe is easy to make and calls for just four ingredients.
What is chocolate ganache?
Chocolate ganache is a mix of chocolate and heavy cream melted together. The higher percentage of chocolate you use, the thicker the ganache will be. (I.e., dark, semi-sweet and bittersweet chocolate will produce a thicker ganache than milk chocolate.)
Chocolate ganache can be used to glaze cakes or brownies or it can be drizzled onto ice cream or hot chocolate or espresso drinks.
- be sure to use chocolate bars and not morsels; morsels have stabilizers in them that actually prevent them from melting
How to make it:
See full ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below!
Step 1. Add bittersweet chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate and pumpkin spice to a bowl. Bring heavy cream to a boil and pour over the chocolate. Let the mix sit for a minute to melt the chocolate.
Step 2. Whisk the mix until smooth.
Recipe notes & tips:
- Make sure to chop up the chocolate very finely, it will melt easier and more evenly that way.
- If you end up with a few pieces of unmelted chocolate, set the bowl over a pot of simmering water to get everything melted.
Frequently asked questions:
You can drizzle chocolate ganache on your dessert or on your espresso drink. You can also use it as the base for making a hot chocolate by mixing it with hot milk.
Chocolate ganache will only fully set up if you put it in the fridge. If you keep ganache at room temperature, it will stay soft.
If you need to get ganache to a softer consistency, gently heat it up in the microwave or over a pot of simmering water.
Yes, if you want to make a plain ganache, simply leave out the spice and leave everything else the same.
You can let chocolate ganache sit out at room temperature for a few hours. If you want to keep it longer than that, transfer it into an airtight container and refrigerate it.
More delicious fall dessert recipes:
See all pumpkin spice recipes →
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Join our mailing list to get all the latest recipes sent to your inbox!
Full Printable Recipe
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Ganache
- knife and cutting board
- measuring spoons and cups
- glass (or other heatproof) bowl
- 1 ½ ounces bittersweet chocolate finely chopped*
- 1 ounce semi-sweet chocolate finely chopped*
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- Add both chocolates and pumpkin pie spice to a heatproof bowl.
- Bring cream to a boil in a saucepan or in the microwave and pour over the chocolate/spice mix. Let it sit for a minute.
- Whisk until you have a uniform consistency. (If you end up with a few pieces of unmelted chocolate, set the bowl over a pot of simmering water to fully melt the chocolate.)