This espresso milkshake has a whole bunch of favorite dessert flavors packed into one jar: chocolate, pumpkin spice, espresso, French vanilla and coffee liqueur. It’s easy to make and quite refreshing on a warm summer day.
Happy milkshake season! Nothing better than sitting outside after (or before) dinner and sip a cool, refreshing milkshake on a warm summer day, is there?
Personally, I love a drink that surprises me with something different in every sip, which is why I only blended ice cream and milk together here but added all remaining components separately.
It’s a French vanilla ice cream mix that is layered with pumpkin spice chocolate ganache, a fresh shot of espresso and a shot (or more) of coffee liqueur. When you take a sip (or spoonful) you may get vanilla or espresso or chocolate or a pocket of liqueur, it’s a surprise every time.
The pumpkin spice flavor (a blend of cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, clove, ginger and mace) is subtle but gives the shake a nice complexity.
More delicious coffee-flavored desserts:
- Coffee Liqueur Cream Puffs
- Coffee Macarons
- White Russian with Chai Spice-Infused Cream
- Chocolate Espresso Pots de Creme
- Spiced Irish Coffee
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
Pumpkin Spice Chocolate Espresso Milkshake with Coffee Liqueur
- 1/2 cup milk
- 10 ounces French vanilla ice cream
- pumpkin spice chocolate ganache
- 2 shots of espresso
- 2 shots of coffee liqueur (I used Kapali)
- whipped cream, optional
- cocoa powder
- Add milk and ice cream to a blender (or food processor if you don’t have a blender) and blend.
- Layer ice cream/milk, ganache, espresso and liqueur into two 8-ounce glasses.
- Top with whipped cream, if using.
- Dust with cocoa powder.
- Serve immediately.