Last Updated on
Why I love it: Banana and pumpkin spice are a wonderful combo. The warm fall flavors of the spice complement the fruitiness perfectly and work really well in this breakfast banana bread loaf. The bread is very light, not very sweet at all and full of comforting flavors.
How to make pumpkin spice banana bread:
The preparation of this banana bread is very straightforward, you start by whisking your dry ingredients together; some all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, a good amount of pumpkin spice and a pinch of salt.
Next, you beat room-temperature butter and light brown sugar together until creamy, then beat in eggs, your dry ingredients and mashed up bananas and nuts of your choice (walnuts, pecans or almonds all work great in this recipe).
The bread needs to bake 45 to 55 minutes and that’s all there is to it.
I like to slice the bread and toast the individual slices before serving them with a bit of butter. I find that makes for a great start into the day. :)
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Check out this Ginger Cardamom Raspberry Jam with Yogurt and Toasted Hazelnuts:
Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed up with a fork
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts, pecans or almonds)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9–inch by 5–inch by 3–inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, baking soda, pumpkin spice and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat butter and sugar in a bowl until creamy.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Beat in the dry ingredients.
- Beat in the bananas.
- Beat in the nuts.
- Fill the batter into the pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!