This lemony Mediterranean grilled chicken marinade is full of flavor and very quick and easy to make. You only need a few common Mediterranean spices, herbs and other ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
Why make this recipe?
Marinades are one of the easiest and best ways to add flavor to a chicken breast. This Mediterranean-inspired marinade is very easy to make and delivers delicious citrus, herb and spice flavors. The flavors pair well with anything from grape leaf salad to hummus or just plain rice and even French fries. Along with this cajun chicken breast marinade this one has become a staple in our house!
Recipe notes, tips & questions:
- Rather than marinating whole chicken breasts, I cut the meat into bite-sized cubes for this recipe. That allows more marinade to penetrate and also makes for a short grill time and easy and convenient eating.
- Should I rinse off excess marinade? Definitely not. Try to leave as much of the oil and spice coating on the chicken as possible for maximum flavor.
- This marinade has no yogurt in it to let the pure citrus and spice flavors shine through. If you're more in the mood for a yogurt marinade, be sure to check out this ras el hanout marinade!
How to make it:
See full ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below!
Step 1. Whisk all marinade ingredients together in a bowl.
Step 2. Stir in cubed boneless, skinless chicken breast.
Step 3. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
Step 4. Grill the chicken to an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
What to serve with Mediterranean grilled chicken?
Mediterranean grilled chicken works great with anything from rice to Greek salad, hummus, falafel or dolma. You can even serve it with French fries!
How to store leftovers:
Store any leftover grilled chicken in an airtight container in the fridge. Reheat in a pan on the stovetop. Consume within 3 days.
More delicious Mediterranean marinade recipes:
- Ras el Hanout-Spiced Grilled Chicken Salad with Sumac Dressing2 Hours 25 Minutes
- Herbs de Provence Chicken Marinade1 Hours 15 Minutes
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
Mediterranean Grilled Chicken Marinade
- measuring spoons
- citrus juicer
- glass bowl
- knife and cutting board
- rubber spatula or spoon
- releasable plastic bag
- metal skewers
- grill or grill pan
- digital meat thermometer (recommended)
For the marinade:
- 2 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ⅜ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
For the chicken:
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into bite-sized cubes
- In a bowl, whisk together olive oil, lemon juice, salt, oregano, nutmeg, black pepper, allspice, and cumin.
- Stir in the chicken cubes, transfer to a resealable plastic bag and marinate in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Take the chicken out of the marinade,* skewer and grill until the meat reaches an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.