Last Updated on
This maple mascarpone cream takes only a few minutes to put together and makes a delicious frosting you can use on cupcakes and cakes or as a trifle component. You make the mascarpone cream by whipping together softened mascarpone cheese, heavy cream, sugar and maple and vanilla extract.
This post was originally published on October 29, 2014.
For a long time I knew mascarpone only as a tiramisu ingredient, which is a shame because this soft cheese is super tasty and very useful in lots of other applications, I’ve come to discover.
Here I have an easy and delicious maple mascarpone cream that comes together in minutes and has a myriad of uses. It’s got a great fall flavor and a really nice texture; stiffer than whipped cream but still nice and fluffy and not quite as firm and rigid as buttercream.
You can use it as frosting on chocolate cupcakes like I did here, as frosting for a layer cake or you can use it as a trifle layer with chocolate ganache and crumbled cookies.
How to make maple mascarpone cream:
Simply add 8 ounces (1 cup) softened mascarpone cheese, 3/4 cup heavy cream, 2 tablespoons granulated sugar, 1.5 teaspoons maple extract and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract to a mixing bowl.
Then whip the ingredients to stiff peaks.
How to use maple mascarpone cream:
- If you want to use the frosting on chocolate cupcakes, I have a great recipe here: Mini Chocolate Bites.
- For a great chocolate cake to use this maple mascarpone cream on, I recommend this Chocolate Bourbon Cake recipe. To use the frosting, make a layer cake instead of a bundt cake. (The recipe makes two 9-inch layers.)
Maple Mascarpone Cream
- 8 ounces mascarpone cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1.5 teaspoons maple extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Whip all ingredients until stiff.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!