This easy, creamy, sweet maple dipping sauce for sweet potato fries has great flavor from maple syrup and toasted pecans. It’s the perfect dip for crispy sweet potato fries.
This sweet dipping sauce is the perfect condiment for sweet potato fries. It’s made with maple syrup, finely chopped toasted pecans and mayonnaise. The combination of mayo and maple syrup may sound odd at first but it really works surprisingly well. The sweetness of the syrup counteracts the slight tang of the mayonnaise and makes for a really delicious and creamy sauce.
- Be sure to use real (pure) maple syrup for this recipe, not any imitations.
How to make it:
See full ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below!
Step 1. Toast the pecans.
Step 2. Finely chop the toasted pecans.
Step 3. Add all ingredients to a bowl.
Step 4. Whisk until smooth.
How to serve it:
Serve as a dipping sauce for sweet potato fries.
How to store it:
Store the sauce in an airtight container in the fridge.
More delicious dipping sauces:
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thank you!
Full Printable Recipe
Maple Dipping Sauce for Sweet Potato Fries
- measuring cups and spoons
- small cast iron or nonstick pan
- knife and cutting board
- mixing bowl
- ½ ounce pecan halves or pecan pieces (about 2 tablespoons)
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup*
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- Add the pecans to a small cast iron or nonstick pan and toast on medium heat until fragrant (about 6 minutes). Remove from the heat.
- Transfer the pecans to a cutting board and chop very finely.
- Add chopped pecans, maple syrup and mayonnaise to a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.