Last Updated on
These little mini lemon cardamom bundt cakes are full of intense citrus flavor and have a nicely crispy exterior thanks to the very thin ridges of the mini bundt cake pan.
This post was originally published on Jan. 22, 2015.
How to make lemon cardamom bundt cakes:
You don’t have to have the spiral mini bundt pan that I used here, you can make these mini cakes in any mini bundt pan or even in a regular muffin pan (fill each cavity about half full with batter).
Start by greasing your pan, then sprinkle flour over it and shake out the excess. Place the pan in the fridge until the batter is ready.
Heat the oven to 325 degrees F., then grab a bowl and whisk together 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom and 1/8 teaspoon salt. Set the bowl aside.
Add 7 tablespoons granulated sugar, 4 tablespoons unsalted, softened butter and 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest to a mixing bowl.
With an electric mixer or standing mixer, beat the sugar, butter and zest together until creamy. Get 1 egg ready.
Beat the egg into the butter/sugar/zest mix and don’t worry if your batter breaks, that will be just fine.
Beat 2 tablespoons whole milk and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract into the mix.
Beat in 1 tablespoon lemon juice, then fill the batter into the pan. (Fill each cavity about half full.)
Bake the mini cakes until a toothpick comes out clean and the edges are starting to brown (about 30 minutes). Let the pan cool completely, then unmold the cakes.
For the glaze, whisk together 10 tablespoons powdered sugar and 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice. Drizzle over the cakes.
More delicious desserts with cardamom:
- Cardamom Donuts with Cinnamon Sugar
- Cardamom Meringue Cookies
- Raspberry Apple Crisp
- Lemon Cardamom Cake
Lemon Cardamom Bundt Cakes
For the cakes:
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 7 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
For the glaze:
- 10 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons lemon juice
For the cakes:
- Grease the cavities of a mini bundt cake pan.
- Dust the pan with flour and shake out the excess. Put the pan in the fridge until you have the batter ready.
- Heat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, cardamom and salt together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat sugar, butter and zest until creamy.
- Add the egg to the butter mix and continue to beat until incorporated. (Don't worry if the batter breaks, that will be fine).
- Beat in the milk and the vanilla.
- Beat in the dry ingredients.
- Beat in the lemon juice.
- Fill each cavity of the mini bundt cake pan about half full and bake until a toothpick comes out clean and the edges are starting to brown (about 30 minutes).
- Let cool completely, then unmold.
For the glaze:
- Whisk the sugar into the lemon juice and drizzle over the cakes.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!