These roasted lemon basil potatoes make a great side dish that’s full of flavor and freshness from finely chopped basil, lemon zest, lemon juice and olive oil.
If you like roasted root vegetables, you may also enjoy these Maple Tarragon Roasted Turnips.
How to make it:
- Turn on the oven and while it’s preheating, cut the potatoes into ½-inch cubes. Toss with olive oil in a bowl.
- Spread the potato cubes out on a baking sheet and roast.
- Stir together olive oil, basil, lemon zest and lemon juice.
- Toss the basil lemon oil with the potatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.
Recipe notes, tips and questions:
You can, but if cut them larger they will take longer to roast. To ensure that this side dish takes no more than 30 minutes to make, be sure to cut ½-inch cubes.
Yes, that’s no problem. Just be sure to use a large enough baking sheet that will fit all the potatoes in a single layer.
Any kind will work but the potatoes will roast best on a dark baking sheet.
You can transfer leftovers into an airtight container and store in the fridge. Reheat the potatoes in a 400-degree oven for a few minutes and then toss with a bit more lemon juice, lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste. (Starchy foods such as potatoes tend to lose flavor when stored.)
These potatoes are a great side dish for grilled or roasted chicken or seafood, such as tilapia.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
Roasted Lemon Basil Potatoes
- 1 ½ pounds Russet potatoes
- 2 ½ tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F. and cut the unpeeled potatoes into ½-inch cubes. Toss the cubes with 1 tablespoon olive oil in a bowl.
- Transfer the potatoes to a large baking sheet* and spread into a single layer. Roast until soft on the inside (about 25 minutes). Stir the cubes around halfway through the baking time.
- In a small bowl, stir the remaining olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice and basil together.
- Toss the potatoes with the lemon basil oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.