About the recipe:
This pesto is fresh, herby, lemony and has great umami from grated Parmesan cheese and chopped pine nuts. It has a nice, sort of chunky consistency and the chopped artichokes give you something to bite into. Serve it with baguette for a delicious vegetarian appetizer or as a side dish with chicken or beef.
- You want to get canned artichoke hearts that are labeled small and tender. (There are usually 8 hearts in one 14-ounce can.) Larger artichoke hearts are too tough for this recipe.
How to make it:
This is a very simple recipe. Finely chop the artichoke hearts, the oregano and the pine nuts, then mix all ingredients together. Chopping all the fresh oregano leaves will take a little while but even so, the recipe comes together in 15 minutes.
How to serve it:
Serve the pesto cold with fresh baguette slices as an appetizer. You can also serve it as a side dish for chicken or beef burgers.
How to store leftovers:
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge.
More delicious oregano recipes:
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
Lemon Artichoke Pesto with Fresh Oregano
- 8 canned small artichoke hearts,* drained
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice, more to taste
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed through a garlic press
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup finely grated Parmesan
- ½ cup finely chopped pine nuts
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh oregano leaves (you need about 24 six-inch sprigs with fully grown leaves for that)
- Finely chop the artichoke hearts. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add all remaining ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Season to taste with more lemon juice and serve with baguette.