These spicy, smoky, 5-ingredient jalapeno bacon-wrapped shrimp taste phenomenal and couldn’t be easier to make!
These hearty appetizer bites are super delicious and come together in no time and with very little effort (or clean-up!). They also make a great party appetizer, as long as your guests like it spicy!
The shrimp are marinated in a flavorful jerk seasoning blend that gives them a delicious and complex flavor. Smoky bacon adds savory crispiness and a chunk of jalapeno pepper gives these rolls a spicy freshness.
The bites are baked in a cast iron pan in a 400-degree oven. That’s the perfect way to get the bacon crispy, the shrimp juicy and the jalapeno chunks softened but still leave them with a nice, fresh crunch.
Ingredient note: Jerk seasoning is a flavorful spice blend made with many of the spices that are typically found in Caribbean cuisine. (The spices I use for my version are onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, allspice, black pepper, red pepper flakes, nutmeg, cinnamon, salt and dark brown sugar.) You can buy a jerk seasoning blend from a spice shop or make the blend yourself with this jerk seasoning recipe.
How to make it:
See full ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below!
Marinate the shrimp:
- Add shrimp, jerk seasoning and oil to a resealable plastic bag. Marinate in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Prepare the jalapenos:
- Slice the peppers in half lengthwise, then remove stems, seeds and ribs.
- Cut each half crosswise to make a total of 8 chunks.
Assemble the rolls:
- Set one piece of jalapeno pepper onto each bacon slice half.
- Set one marinated shrimp onto each pepper.
- Tightly roll up the bacon.
- Set the rolls seam side down into a pre-heated cast iron pan and bake, turning around halfway through the baking time.
How to serve the shrimp:
Let the rolls cool for a few moments, then serve. You don’t need any utensils for this appetizer. The rolls are about 1 ¾ inch in size and make one large bite.
More delicious shrimp appetizers:
See all appetizers ->
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
Jalapeno Bacon-Wrapped Shrimp
- 1 teaspoon jerk seasoning*
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 8 raw jumbo shrimp (~6 ounces), thawed, peeled and deveined
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 4 slices thin cut bacon, each cut in half crosswise
- Place the shrimp into a resealable plastic bag. Add jerk seasoning and oil, then close the bag and mix around by hand to coat the shrimp evenly with the marinade. Place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- While the shrimp are marinating, set a cast iron pan onto the center rack in the oven, then heat the oven to 400 degrees F. with the pan in it.
- Slice the jalapeno peppers in half lengthwise, then remove the stems and all seeds and ribs.
- Cut each jalapeno half crosswise to make 8 chunks.
- Place each shrimp onto a piece of jalapeno, set onto a halved slice of bacon and wrap the bacon tightly around into a roll.
- Take the pan out of the oven and, using a spatula, set the rolls seam side down into the hot pan. Bake for 6 minutes, then, using kitchen tongs, turn over and bake for another 6 minutes on the other side.