This baked jalapeno artichoke Parmesan cream cheese dip is a creamy, herby, cheesy, warm bowl of deliciousness. The dip has a nice tartness from artichoke hearts, jarred jalapeno pepper slices and a bit of liquid from the jalapeno pepper jar.
Ingredients and notes:
- Please use full-fat sour cream and full-fat cream cheese for this recipe. That will give the dip a nice creaminess and also ensure that it melts properly during baking.
- You will need to add half of the Parmesan cheese before baking and stir in the remaining half right after baking. That way you get a nicely cheesy dip that won't get too dry during baking.
- The jalapeno jar liquid adds both moisture and a vinegary tartness. If you prefer less tartness you can use less liquid than what the recipe calls for.
How to make the dip:
See full ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below!
Step 1. Preheat the oven, then whip sour cream and cream cheese until smooth.
Step 2. Stir in artichoke hearts, jalapeno peppers and liquid, salt, oregano and half of the Parmesan.
Step 3. Transfer the dip to a baking or casserole pan.
Step 4. Bake the dip, then stir in the remaining Parmesan cheese. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve warm.
How to serve it:
Serve the dip warm with tortilla chips or crackers.
What are jarred jalapenos?
Jalapeno pepper slices sold in glass jars are suspended in a liquid made of water, vinegar, salt and usually spices. The vinegar solution gives them an intense tartness.
How are jarred jalapenos different from fresh jalapenos?
Jarred jalapenos have a flavor profile that is drastically different from that of fresh jalapenos. Because of that, the two cannot be interchanged. Fresh jalapenos have a very fresh and green flavor that is completely missing from jarred jalapeno slices.
More delicious cream cheese appetizers:
See more appetizer recipes →
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
Baked Jalapeno Artichoke Parmesan Cream Cheese Dip
- measuring spoons and cups
- mixing bowl
- standing mixer or handheld mixer
- knife and cutting board
- rubber spatula
- 1 ½ - cup capacity casserole or baking dish
- ¼ cup full-fat sour cream*
- 4 ounces full-fat block cream cheese*
- 6 ounces drained and roughly chopped marinated artichoke hearts (about 1 cup)
- 1 ½ tablespoons finely diced jalapeno pepper slices from a jar (you need about 5 jalapeno slices for that)
- 1 tablespoon liquid from the jalapeno pepper jar**
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 sprig fresh oregano, as garnish (optional)
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Whip sour cream and cream cheese until smooth.
- Stir in artichoke hearts, jalapeno peppers and liquid, 2 tablespoons Parmesan, salt and oregano.
- Transfer the dip into a baking dish and bake, uncovered, until hot (about 15 minutes).
- Stir the remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese into the dip.
- Transfer the hot dip to a serving bowl and serve with tortilla chips or crackers.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.