These easy baked Italian sausage meatballs are moist, tender and make a delicious appetizer or main course. They are ready in 25 minutes from start to finish and require only a few common ingredients.
Check out more delicious recipes with oregano!
- These meatballs are full of delicious savory flavors and are very easy to make. You simply pulse all ingredients together in the food processor for maximum convenience and minimum messiness.
- Crispy panko bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese loosen up the meat and keep the meatballs from getting too dense.
- A little bit of sour cream adds moisture and a tiny bit of tang that works well with the flavors of the sausage meat.
- You can serve the meatballs as an appetizer with a dipping sauce of your choice or as a main course with spaghetti and tomato sauce.
- The coarse texture of panko bread crumbs works better than that of regular bread crumbs for this recipe.
How to make it (overview with photos):
Step 1. Add all ingredients to a food processor.
Step 2. Pulse a few times until combined, scraping down the sides between pulses.
Step 3. Roll meatballs (1 tablespoon of mixture each), set on a lined baking sheet and bake.
Why use the food processor?
For two reasons:
- The food processor does a GREAT job of breaking up the bulk sausage meat, which comes in one large slab.
- The food processor effortlessly mixes all ingredients well without overworking the mixture.
How to serve it:
You can serve these meatballs as an appetizer with cocktail picks and a dipping sauce, such as this scallion aioli. Alternatively, you can mix the meatballs into pasta sauce and serve as a main course with spaghetti.
How to store leftovers:
These meatballs taste best fresh out of the oven but you can store them, if you want. Transfer any leftover meatballs into an airtight container and store in the fridge. Reheat in the oven, the air fryer or in a cast iron or nonstick pan.
More delicious meatball recipes:
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
Italian Sausage Meatballs
- 1 pound mild bulk Italian sausage meat
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ¼ cup sour cream
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Add all ingredients to a food processor. Pulse a few times just until combined, scraping down the sides in between pulses.
- Transfer the mix onto a work surface.
- Using your hands, roll ~32 meatballs (about 1 tablespoon each)* and set onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs until they are cooked through and have reached an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F. (13 – 15 minutes).