Last Updated on
These mouthwatering chicken wings come straight from the pages of one of my new favorite cookbooks, “Baked Wings – Crispy. Crunchy. Sticky. 33 oven baked wings to satisfy your craving.” Wonderfully written and beautifully photographed by my friend and blogging buddy, Nagi, of RecipeTin Eats, this ebook is everything a wing lover could ask for. Easy and super-flavorful recipes, gorgeous photography and design and to-the-point and easy-to-follow chicken wings cooking tips!
The book has everything from sticky (such as Sticky Maple Bacon Tossed Wings…yum!) to super-crispy, crunchy and breaded (like Parmesan Garlic Crumbed Wings…delicious!).
What you see here are sticky wings glazed with a perfect honey, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and ketchup sauce. They were so good I made them again the next day! If you love wings, I guarantee you’ll love this book.
Honey Soy Wings
- 6 tablespoons honey
- 9 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon Chinese cooking wine or mirin
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- sesame seeds, lightly toasted
- Whisk honey, soy sauce, ketchup, garlic, ginger and Chinese cooking wine together in a bowl then pour into a ziploc bag.
- Add the chicken wings to the bag and massage to coat them evenly. Put the bag in the fridge for 20 minutes, or up to overnight.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil and place a rack on the baking sheet. Spray the rack with oil.
- Shake excess marinade off the wings and gather it into a saucepan.
- Place the wings on the rack, skin side up, put into the oven and set your timer for 20 minutes.
- Heat the marinade in the saucepan on medium-high heat until syrupy and reduced by about 1/4.
- After 20 minutes, baste the wings with the marinade, then return to the oven.
- Repeat the basting after an additional 15 minutes.
- The wings should be done after about 40 minutes of baking time total.
- To serve, drizzle with remaining basting sauce and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!