Make your own sugar-free homemade seasoning salt with this simple recipe! This spice blend is fast and easy to make and tastes fantastic on chicken, vegetables, seafood and more.
Why make your own homemade seasoning salt?
- If you make your own seasoning salt you know what’s in it. That way you can be sure that it’s not laden with anti-caking agents, sugar and other additives, as many store-bought products are.
- You can adjust the amount of actual salt to your taste and dietary needs.
- Making your own seasoning salt might save you money and allows you to customize based your own preferences.
You only need a few common ground herbs and spices for this seasoning salt:
- ground thyme
- ground Hungarian paprika
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- ground marjoram
How to make it:
Make the salt simply by stirring all ingredients together in a glass jar.
Frequently asked questions:
This seasoning salt is fantastic on chicken, such as these roasted Cornish game hens. But, you can also use it on fish, vegetables, meat and more. You can also fill the salt into pretty glass jars and give as a homemade gift!
I recommend to use 1 ½ to 2 teaspoons of seasoning salt per whole chicken.
Store the seasoning salt in a dry, airtight container in the kitchen cabinet.
The seasoning salt will keep for about a year. After that, the ground herbs and spices will start to lose their flavor and even though the seasoning salt will never go bad, it will not be as flavorful.
The terms seasoned salt and seasoning salt mean the same thing and are used interchangeably.
More sugar-free seasonings:
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
Homemade Seasoning Salt (sugar-free)
- measuring spoons
- glass jar with lid
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Hungarian paprika*
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon ground marjoram
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Keep the seasoning salt in a dry, airtight container in the kitchen cabinet for up to a year.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.