Last Updated on
This delicious herbed roasted cauliflower rice with coriander and grilled zucchini is perfect as a summer side dish for grilled meat and seafood. The preparation is simple, you pulse cauliflower florets in your food processor, then roast the cauliflower rice with olive oil, ground coriander and salt in the oven.
Grilling season is almost here – yay! I love grilled meat and seafood and one of my favorite side dishes for anything grilled is roasted cauliflower rice. Have you made cauliflower rice? It tastes really wonderful, has a texture very similar to actual rice but is much less dry. It’s also very easy to prepare.
How to make roasted cauliflower rice:
You start by briefly pulsing cauliflower florets from 1 small head of cauliflower in your food processor until they have the consistency of actual rice. Then you toss the cauliflower “rice” with 1.5 tablespoons olive oil, 1.5 teaspoons ground coriander and 1/4 teaspoon salt, spread it out on a baking sheet and roast it for about ten minutes.
For the recipe here you mix the rice with 1 sliced and grilled zucchini for extra texture and a bit of smokiness and then stir in 1 teaspoon lemon juice, 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint and 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh cilantro for summery freshness.
It’s a wonderful side dish that you can serve warm or cold.
If you like, you can also sprinkle in 1/2 cup chopped raisins for a little sweetness.
Love cauliflower? You might also enjoy this Roasted Cauliflower Salad with tarragon grilled bread.
Herbed Roasted Cauliflower Rice with Coriander and Grilled Zucchini
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1.5 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 teaspoons ground coriander seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 zucchini
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped raisins, optional
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the individual florets off the cauliflower and cut larger ones in half so that they are all approximately the same size.
- Working in batches, pulse the cauliflower florets in the food processor until they have the consistency of rice.
- Toss the cauliflower with the oil, the coriander and the salt and spread onto a rimmed baking sheet.
- Roast for 10 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is in the oven, thinly slice the zucchini and grill on a grill or on a grill pan.
- Toss the cauliflower rice with the grilled zucchini, the lemon juice and the herbs and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- If you're adding raisins, mix them in.
- Serve warm as a side dish or cold as a side salad for grilled meat and seafood.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: