Last Updated on
This sandwich is a step up from the classic plain grilled cheese but it’s still a very down to earth meal.
Fresh tarragon, a mix of ground yellow mustard seeds, cheddar cheese and caramelized Bourbon shallots stuffed between two slices of sourdough.
Fry it on both sides and you’re done. Quick, very easy and delicious!
More delicious sandwich recipes:
- BLT Sandwich with Espresso Aioli
- Smoked Salmon Panini with Lemon Dill Mayonnaise
- Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Cranberry Grilled Sandwich
Grilled Cheese Sandwich with Tarragon and Bourbon Caramelized Shallots
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 8 shallots, sliced
- 1 tablespoon Bourbon
- 6 slices firm white sourdough bread
- softened butter
- 8 ounces extra-sharp white cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds, ground
- 30 tarragon leaves, roughly chopped
- Melt 2 tablespoons unsalted butter in a pan.
- Add the shallots and cook over medium heat until brown, about 15 minutes.
- Add the Bourbon to the shallots and cook for another minute, then take the pan off the heat and set aside.
- Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread.
- Turn the slices upside down, sprinkle the tarragon on the non-buttered side.
- Mix the cheese and the mustard seeds together in a bowl.
- Sprinkle the cheese/mustard seed mix onto the tarragon.
- Evenly divide the shallots on top of the cheese.
- Top the sandwiches with the remaining slices of buttered bread, keeping the buttered side on the outside.
- Heat a nonstick frying pan on medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Fry each sandwich on both sides until the cheese has melted and the outsides of the bread are browned.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!