Last Updated on
Pears are one of the few fruits that are vastly better when cooked, in my opinion. Or perhaps it’s just that I never happen to catch them during the five minutes when they are perfectly ripe and taste good raw, I’m not sure which one it is.
Anyway, what I did here was sprinkle bosc pear halves with ground ginger, drizzle honey over them, put a dab of butter on, then roast them in the oven until tender. The result was spectacular, a perfect blend of flavors and a wonderfully soft but not mushy texture. Works equally well as a fancy dessert or an afternoon snack.
More delicious fruit desserts:
- Raspberry Custard
- Vanilla Cream with Cinnamon-Sugared Cranberries
- Star Anise-Poached Pears
- Black Forest Eton Mess
- Raspberry Apple Crisp
- Stovetop Apple Crisp
- Lemon Ginger Mousse
- Almond Orange Mousse with Anise
- Apple Tarts with Chai-Spiced Custard Sauce
Ginger Honey Roasted Pears
- 2 ripe Bosc pears
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Peel, half and core the pears.
- Place the pears into a baking dish (cut-side down) and sprinkle them evenly with the ginger.
- Place 1/2 tablespoon of butter on each half.
- Drizzle the honey over the pears and roast in the oven until tender (20 – 25 minutes).
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: