Last Updated on
I was making a tofu stir fry the other day and realized mid-fry that I was out of half the ingredients for my go-to stir fry sauce, so I came up with this quick dish as an alternative and (to my surprise) it was quite tasty and despite the extremely minimalistic ingredient list very satisfying.
Here’s what I did: I rolled the tofu in flour and fried it. Then I cooked some soba noodles and put a chopped baby bok choy (drizzled with a mix of soy sauce, oil and ginger) in a 400-degree oven. That was already pretty much it. I put the noodles, tofu and bok choy into bowls, drizzled the ginger sauce over everything, then sprinkled sesame seeds, chopped scallions and red cabbage on and voila, a quick and delicious lunch or dinner!
More delicious Asian-inspired recipes:
- Spicy Edamame
- Asian Noodle Salad
- Stir Fry Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Ginger Roasted Mushrooms
- Thai Chicken Curry
- Cold Sesame Noodles
- Fried Coconut Rice with Shrimp
- Asian Meatballs
- Ginger Lime Cilantro Chicken Wings
- Hot and Sour Soup
- Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
- Sesame Tofu
- Shrimp Coconut Curry
- Shrimp Coconut Soup
- Steak Stir Fry
Ginger-Glazed Bok Choy with Tofu and Noodles
- 1/2 pound tofu
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- vegetable oil for frying
- 2 ounces soba or other Asian noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 baby bok choy, chopped into 1-inch chunks
- sesame seeds
- a handful shredded red cabbage
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes and dip in flour on all sides.
- Fill a cast iron pan or a Dutch oven with vegetable oil about 1/2 inch high.
- Heat the oil until it's shimmering, then add the tofu and fry until brown on all sides.
- Take the tofu out and dry on a paper towel.
- Cook the noodles according to package instructions.
- Mix one tablespoon of oil with the soy sauce and the ginger.
- Transfer the bok choy to a baking pan and drizzle with the oil/soy/ginger mix.
- Put the bok choy in the oven and roast until it starts to wilt and the sauce starts to thicken.
- Serve the noodles with the tofu and the bok choy, drizzle the sauce over them, then sprinkle with sesame seeds, shredded cabbage and green onion.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: