Last Updated on
Give the tried and tested yogurt, fruit and nuts breakfast an update with this easy and delicious ginger cardamom raspberry jam and fragrant, toasted hazelnuts.
This post was originally published on April 26, 2016.
What I love about this breakfast is that all three components can be made ahead of time so unless you’re in the mood, you don’t have to put in any effort in the morning (something that certainly appeals to me).
You might remember the ginger cardamom raspberry jam from several previous recipes here (such as this baked brie and these Linzer cookies) and it’s so versatile that I’m sure this is not the last time you see it. Instead of sugar I used agave syrup this time just because I really like it, I find it much less harsh than white sugar.
Looking for more breakfast ideas? Check out this Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread:
Ginger Cardamom Raspberry Jam with Yogurt and Toasted Hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup whole hazelnuts
- 6 ounces frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the whole nuts onto a baking sheet and toast in the oven until dark brown (15 to 20 minutes).
While the nuts are in the oven, make the jam:
- Add frozen raspberries, agave syrup and corn starch to a saucepan and start to cook on medium heat, stirring until everything is combined.
- Once the raspberries are thawed add the ginger and the cardamom.
- Cook until the fruit is completely broken down and the jam thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Let cool.
- Chop the hazelnuts and serve in jars or bowls along with yogurt and jam.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: