Give the tried and tested yogurt, fruit and nuts breakfast an update with this easy and delicious ginger cardamom raspberry jam and fragrant, toasted hazelnuts.
For more delicious breakfast ideas check out this Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread and these No-Knead Cinnamon Rolls with Apricot Cardamom Cream Cheese Frosting.
You might remember the ginger cardamom raspberry jam from several previous recipes here (such as this baked brie and these Linzer cookies) and it’s so versatile that I’m sure this is not the last time you see it. Instead of sugar I used agave syrup this time; it is much less harsh than white sugar and works well in breakfast foods.
What I love about this breakfast is that all three components can be made ahead of time so unless you’re in the mood, you don’t have to put in any effort in the morning. :)
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
Ginger Cardamom Raspberry Jam with Yogurt and Toasted Hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup whole hazelnuts
- 6 ounces frozen raspberries
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spread the whole nuts onto a baking sheet and toast in the oven until dark brown (15 to 20 minutes).
While the nuts are in the oven, make the jam:
- Add frozen raspberries, agave syrup and corn starch to a saucepan and start to cook on medium heat, stirring until everything is combined.
- Once the raspberries are thawed add the ginger and the cardamom.
- Cook until the fruit is completely broken down and the jam thickened (about 10 minutes).
- Let cool.
- Chop the hazelnuts and serve in jars or bowls along with yogurt and jam.