This dill seasoning is great on tilapia fillets, shrimp and other seafood. It’s lightly salted, full of dill and lemon flavor and gets its umami from garlic and onion powder.
How to make it (overview with photos):
- Zest lemons.
- Let lemon zest dry.
- Add all ingredients to a mortar.
- Grind with a pestle.
How to use it:
This blend is wonderful on tilapia and shrimp. Sprinkle it on the seafood, then roast on a baking sheet in a 400-degree oven with a little bit of vegetable oil. Serve with baked potatoes.
How to store it:
You can store this seasoning blend in a jar at room temperature for a few months.
Find more delicious recipes:
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
- 2 tablespoons lightly packed fresh lemon zest (about 2 large lemons)
- 2 tablespoons dried dill weed
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Sprinkle lemon zest onto parchment or wax paper, cover loosely with a paper towel and let sit until completely dry (~1 day).*
- Add lemon zest, dill, onion and garlic powder and salt to a mortar and grind with a pestle.