This dill aioli is the perfect condiment for fried tilapia fillets. It’s made with all the traditional dill aioli ingredients (dill, mayo, garlic) plus a hard boiled egg! The egg gives the aioli a much creamier texture than that of traditional aioli and also counters the sourness of the mayonnaise.
If you like the flavor of fresh dill, you might also enjoy this easy smoked salmon panini with lemon dill mayonnaise.
The idea for this aioli came to me after looking at a deviled egg recipe with dill the other day. I have always loved the cool and creamy filling in deviled eggs and this aioli is similar to that.
Why make this recipe:
- This aioli has great flavor, is silky and creamy and doesn’t taste too much like mayonnaise.
- It goes perfectly with fried tilapia and together they make a delicious meal that’s very easy to make.
How to make it:
This aioli is made in a matter of minutes, simply add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
How to serve it:
I recommend to serve this aioli with boiled potatoes and fried tilapia fillets. Coat both sides of the fillets with all-purpose flour, then fry in melted butter until cooked and flaky (about 4 minutes per side.)
How to store leftovers:
Transfer the aioli to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 1 day.
More delicious aiolis:
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
Dill Aioli for Tilapia
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill*
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 whole hard boiled egg, cooled, peeled and finely chopped
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together.