This dill aioli is the perfect condiment for fried tilapia fillets. It’s made with all the traditional dill aioli ingredients (dill, mayo, garlic) plus a hard boiled egg! The egg gives the aioli a much creamier texture than that of traditional aioli and also counters the sourness of the mayonnaise.
The idea for this aioli came to me after looking at a deviled egg recipe with dill the other day. I have always loved the cool and creamy filling in deviled eggs and this aioli is similar to that.
Why make this recipe:
- This aioli has great flavor, is silky and creamy and doesn’t taste too much like mayonnaise.
- It goes perfectly with fried tilapia and together they make a delicious meal that’s very easy to make.
How to make it:
This aioli is made in a matter of minutes, simply add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together.
How to serve it:
I recommend to serve this aioli with boiled potatoes and fried tilapia fillets. Coat both sides of the fillets with all-purpose flour, then fry in melted butter until cooked and flaky (about 4 minutes per side.)
How to store leftovers:
Transfer the aioli to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 1 day.
More delicious aioli recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Join our mailing list to get all the latest recipes sent to your inbox!
Full Printable Recipe
Dill Aioli for Tilapia
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill*
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 whole, large, hard boiled egg, cooled, peeled and finely chopped
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and mix together.