These marinated and grilled curry chicken bites make an easy and delicious appetizer. The curry flavor works great with the fresh mango basil sauce that’s flavored with honey, lime and red pepper flakes.
For another great recipe that pairs the flavor of curry powder with fruit also check out this Thai curry with pineapple!
What’s in curried chicken bites?
In this recipe, boneless, skinless chicken breast chunks are marinated in a mix of oil, garlic, curry powder and salt. (You can use mild or medium yellow curry powder, depending on how spicy you like the chicken.)
For more delicious spiced chicken marinades, also try this cajun chicken marinade and this Mexican chicken marinade!
What’s in mango basil sauce?
The main ingredients in the mango basil dipping sauce are chopped fresh basil and diced mango. (You can use either fresh mango or thawed frozen mango chunks.) To loosen the sauce you need a little bit of mild olive oil. Honey, lime zest, salt and crushed red pepper flakes add flavor and a bit of spiciness.
How to make it:
See full ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below!
Step 1. Stir or whisk together marinade ingredients.
Step 2. Transfer chicken and marinade into a plastic bag, seal and place in the fridge for at least 1 hour. Grill the chicken bites.
Step 3. Whisk together honey, olive oil, salt and red pepper flakes.
Step 4. Stir in mango, basil and lime zest.
How to serve the chicken bites:
Serve the chicken bites hot and the sauce at room temperature.
How to store leftovers:
Transfer any leftover chicken and sauce into separate airtight containers and store in the fridge. Reheat the chicken under the broiler and let the sauce come back up to room temperature to serve.
More delicious curry chicken dishes:
- Thai Pineapple Yellow Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk50 Minutes
- Slow Cooker Indian Chicken Curry with Chicken Thighs3 Hours 40 Minutes
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
Grilled Curry Chicken Bites Appetizer with Mango Basil Sauce
- measuring cups and spoons
- knife and cutting board
- garlic press (optional)
- citrus zester
- mixing bowl
- rubber spatula
- resealable plastic bag
For the chicken:
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 2 teaspoons yellow curry powder (mild or medium, depending on how spicy you like it)
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
For the sauce:
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon honey
- 3 tablespoons mild olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup diced mango* (4 ½ ounces)
- ½ teaspoon lime zest (~half a lime)
For the chicken:
- Whisk oil, garlic, curry powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Add chicken and stir around until well coated. Transfer to a resealable plastic bag and marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour or up to overnight.
- Grill the chicken.
For the sauce:
- Whisk together honey, olive oil, salt and red pepper flakes until well combined.
- Stir in basil, mango and lime zest.
- Serve the sauce at room temperature.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.
Leave a Comment