This curried corn makes a terrific side dish that takes only 20 minutes to make. It goes great with grilled meat and because it uses frozen corn you can easily make it year-round.
About the recipe:
Curried corn is a quick and easy side dish that goes well with grilled or roasted poultry and seafood. My version of the recipe uses coconut milk, both to add flavor and to make the dish saucy. I also add fresh basil, which complements the flavor of the corn perfectly.
A few ingredient notes:
- you can use mild or medium yellow curry powder for this recipe, depending on how spicy you like it
- you will add the corn frozen so you don’t need to let it thaw first
How to make it (overview with photos):
- Saute the onion.
- Stir in the spice.
- Add corn and coconut milk and simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir in soy sauce and basil.
How to serve it:
This side dish is perfect with grilled seafood, such as tilapia, or grilled or roasted chicken.
More delicious side dishes:
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
Curried Corn with Basil and Coconut Milk
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder*
- 4 cups frozen corn** (about 20 ounces)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- ¼ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- In a pot or a Dutch oven, heat the oil until shimmering. Add the onion and saute until soft (5 minutes).
- Stir in the curry powder.
- Add the corn and the coconut milk, bring to a simmer, then cover and simmer for 7 minutes.
- Stir in the soy sauce and the basil.