This cranberry cream cheese dip makes a great appetizer for the winter Holidays. It’s very easy to make and full of flavor from fresh thyme, garlic, toasted onion and sweet and tart dried cranberries.
A few notes on some of the ingredients:
- If you only have regular cream cheese on hand, you can easily turn that into whipped cream cheese by whipping it with a little bit of milk following this whipped cream cheese recipe.
- If fresh thyme is not available, you can substitute dried thyme. Use only half the amount if you’re using the dried herb.
- If minced toasted onion is not available you can substitute onion powder.
How to make it:
Start by grinding up minced toasted onion and dried thyme in a mortar with a pestle. (If you’re using fresh thyme, grind only the onion and chop the fresh thyme very finely).
Next, whisk the onion and thyme together with whipped cream cheese, mayonnaise, sour cream and minced fresh garlic. Add in chopped, dried cranberries and then season the dip with salt.
How to serve it:
I recommend you serve the dip with toasted baguette or crackers of your choice.
More delicious cranberry recipes:
- Star Anise Cranberry Sauce
- Cranberry Pecan Bread
- Leftover Thanksgiving Turkey Cranberry Grilled Sandwich
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
Cranberry Cream Cheese Dip with Thyme
- ½ teaspoon minced toasted onion*
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme or ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup whipped cream cheese**
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons roughly chopped dried cranberries
- Grind toasted onion (and dried thyme, if you're using dried) in a mortar with a pestle until you have a fine powder.
- Whisk cream cheese, mayo, sour cream, garlic, salt, thyme and onion together until creamy.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Serve with baguette or crackers.