Last Updated on
Fresh cranberries are the perfect baking fruit, aren’t they? Rarely any other ingredient turns from positively vile in its raw form to wonderfully flavorful and punchy after it’s been baked. I put a good amount of them into this bread here, along with some pecans and some cinnamon. It’s great with butter or butter and honey or just by itself. Bon appetit!
Cranberry Pecan Bread
- 1.75 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease one 9-inch by 5-inch by 3-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat shortening, butter and sugar until slightly creamy.
- Add eggs and continue to beat until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, milk, cranberries and pecans and beat until well combined.
- Fill the batter into the pan and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (about 45 minutes).
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!