Last Updated on
This moist and light cinnamon-flavored cranberry pecan bread is the perfect treat for a winter morning or afternoon. Fresh cranberries add a bit of juiciness and a nice tart contrast to the sweet bread. The recipe is easy to make and will make your kitchen smell delicious.
This post was originally published on Oct. 27, 2014.
Fresh cranberries are the perfect baking fruit, in my opinion. I love the punch they add to an otherwise sweet bread. This cranberry pecan bread has a good amount of fresh cranberries in it, along with some pecans and a whole teaspoon of cinnamon for a nice holiday/winter flavor. It’s great with butter or butter and honey or just by itself.
How to make cranberry pecan bread:
Start by heating the oven to 350 degrees F. and greasing a 9-inch by 5-inch by 3-inch loaf pan with vegetable shortening.
Next, whisk together your dry ingredients: 1.75 cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Set that aside and get out a large mixing bowl for the wet ingredients.
Add 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening, 4 tablespoons softened, unsalted butter and 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar to the mixing bowl and beat until they are nice and creamy.
Next, beat in 2 whole eggs.
Beat in the dry ingredients.
Pour 1/2 cup whole milk into the batter and continue to beat until smooth.
Stir in 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cranberries and 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans.
Fill the batter into the loaf pan and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (about 45 minutes).
Let the bread cool, then unmold it. You can sprinkle a little powdered sugar on for a nicely wintery look but it’s not required.
More fall breakfast ideas:
Cranberry Pecan Bread
- 1.75 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease one 9-inch by 5-inch by 3-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat shortening, butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add eggs and continue to beat until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and beat until combined.
- Pour in the milk and beat the batter until smooth.
- Stir in the cranberries and the pecans.
- Fill the batter into the pan and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (about 45 minutes).
- Let the bread cool, then unmold.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: