Last Updated on
This light and delicious cinnamon-flavored cranberry pecan bread is the perfect treat for a winter morning or afternoon. Fresh cranberries add a bit of juiciness and a nice tart contrast to the sweet bread. The recipe is easy to make and will make your kitchen smell delicious.
Fresh cranberries are the perfect baking fruit, aren’t they? I love the punch they add to an otherwise sweet bread. This cranberry pecan bread has a good amount of cranberries in it, along with some pecans and a bit of cinnamon. It’s great with butter or butter and honey or just by itself.
How to make cranberry pecan bread:
You start by heating the oven and greasing your loaf pan. For this recipe you’ll want a 9 inch by 5 inch by 3 inch pan.
Next, you whisk together your dry ingredients, namely the flour, the baking powder and the cinnamon.
You’ll set the dry ingredients aside and then start beating together the shortening, the butter and the sugar until they are nice and creamy. You mix in the eggs, followed by your dry ingredients, a bit of milk, the cranberries and the pecans. Keep mixing until your batter is nice and smooth, then fill it into the loaf pan.
This bread needs to bake for about 45 minutes (check with a toothpick), then you let it cool and unmold it. You can sprinkle a little powdered sugar on for a nicely wintery look but it’s not required.
More fall breakfast ideas:
Cranberry Pecan Bread
- 1.75 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cranberries
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped pecans
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease one 9-inch by 5-inch by 3-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Beat shortening, butter and sugar until slightly creamy.
- Add eggs and continue to beat until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, milk, cranberries and pecans and beat until well combined.
- Fill the batter into the pan and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (about 45 minutes).
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: