This moist and light cinnamon-flavored cranberry pecan bread is the perfect treat for a winter morning or afternoon. Fresh cranberries add a bit of juiciness and a nice tart contrast to the sweet bread. The recipe is easy to make and will make your kitchen smell delicious.
For more breakfast ideas, check out these No-Knead Cinnamon Rolls with Apricot Cardamom Cream Cheese Frosting and this Pumpkin Spice Banana Bread.
Fresh cranberries are the perfect baking fruit, in my opinion. I love the punch they add to an otherwise sweet bread. This cranberry pecan bread has a good amount of fresh cranberries in it, along with some pecans and a whole teaspoon of cinnamon for a nice holiday/winter flavor. It’s great with butter or butter and honey or just by itself.
How to make the bread:
Prepare the pan:
Step 1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. and grease a 9-inch by 5-inch by 3-inch loaf pan with butter or vegetable shortening.
Prepare the dry ingredients:
Step 2. Next, whisk together your dry ingredients: 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon. Set aside.
Cream butter and sugar:
Step 3. Add 7 tablespoons softened, unsalted butter and ½ cup plus 2 tablespoons granulated sugar to a large mixing bowl. Whip with an electric mixer until well combined.
Finish whipping the batter:
Step 4. Whip 2 whole eggs into the mix, then whip in the dry ingredients. Pour ½ cup whole milk into the batter and continue to whip until smooth.
Stir in the fruit and the nuts:
Step 5. Stir in 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cranberries and ½ cup roughly chopped pecans.
Transfer to the pan and bake:
Step 6. Fill the batter into the loaf pan and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (about 45 minutes).
Step 7. Let the bread cool, then unmold it.
How to serve the bread:
If you choose, you can sprinkle a little powdered sugar on the cooled bread for a nicely wintery look, then slice the bread and serve with butter, or honey, or plain.
More delicious cranberry recipes:
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. Either tap or click the stars in the recipe card or leave a comment below. Thanks!
Cranberry Pecan Bread
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup whole milk
- 1 cup roughly chopped fresh cranberries
- ½ cup roughly chopped pecans
- powdered sugar, optional
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease one 9-inch by 5-inch by 3-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- Whisk flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Whip butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add eggs and continue to whip until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients and whip until combined.
- Pour in the milk and whip the batter until smooth.
- Stir in the cranberries and the pecans.
- Fill the batter into the pan and bake until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (45 – 50 minutes).
- Let the bread cool, then unmold.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar (optional).