Last Updated on
These cold sesame noodles are delicious, cheap, super easy to make and take five minutes from start to finish. All you need is pantry ingredients and a bit of cabbage and/or carrot.
How to make cold sesame noodles:
You start by whisking together sesame oil, natural peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sambal and coconut milk.
Next you toss freshly cooked soba noodles into the sauce, followed by a few vegetables like shredded carrots and/or cabbage for both crunch and freshness. And that’s already all there is to it!
More delicious Asian-inspired recipes:
- Spicy Edamame
- Asian Noodle Salad
- Stir Fry Sauce
- Sweet and Sour Ginger Roasted Mushrooms
- Thai Chicken Curry
- Fried Coconut Rice with Shrimp
- Asian Meatballs
- Ginger-Glazed Bok Choy with Tofu and Noodles
- Ginger Lime Cilantro Chicken Wings
- Hot and Sour Soup
- Chicken Noodle Stir Fry
- Sesame Tofu
- Shrimp Coconut Curry
- Shrimp Coconut Soup
- Steak Stir Fry
Cold Sesame Noodles
- 4 ounces soba noodles, uncooked
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter (with peanuts as the only ingredient)
- 1/2 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sambal (more if you like it spicier)
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk
- mint leaves and sesame seeds, optional
- shredded cabbage and/or carrot
- Cook the soba noodles according to package instructions, then thoroughly rinse them with cold water.
- Whisk oil, peanut butter, honey, soy sauce, rice vinegar, sambal and coconut milk together until smooth.
- Toss the cold noodles with the sauce, sprinkle with mint leaves and sesame seeds (if using), add shredded vegetables and serve immediately.
- Whatever you don't eat you need to throw away, you cannot store this noodle dish.
Made this recipe? It would be awesome if you could leave a rating. No need to type anything, just tap or click the stars in the recipe card and you’re done. Thanks!
Want to save this recipe idea for later? Pin it: