This chipotle lime seasoning is bright, fresh and has the nice, smoky spiciness that makes chipotle powder so unique. The seasoning is easy to make and excellent on boneless, skinless chicken breast.
What’s in the seasoning:
How to make it:
See full ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below!
Step 1. Zest limes.
Step 2. Let the zest dry at room temperature (~ 1 day).
Step 3. Add all seasoning ingredients to a mortar.
Step 4. Grind with a pestle.
How to use it:
This seasoning is excellent on boneless, skinless chicken breast.
How to store it:
Store the seasoning in an airtight container in a cool, dark and dry place.
How spicy is this dry rub?
This dry rub is quite spicy from the chipotle powder.
More delicious chipotle spice rubs:
- Chipotle BBQ Dry Rub5 Minutes
- Mexican Dry Rub for Chicken5 Minutes
- Cuban-Inspired Spice Rub Recipe5 Minutes
- Ancho Espresso Rub5 Minutes
See more dry rubs & seasonings→
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thank you!
Full Printable Recipe
Chipotle Lime Seasoning
- wax paper or parchment paper
- citrus zester
- paper towel
- measuring spoons
- mortar and pestle
- 3 medium-sized fresh limes
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Thoroughly wash and dry, then zest the limes. Sprinkle the zest onto wax paper or parchment paper.
- Cover the zest loosely with a paper towel, then let it sit at room temperature until completely dry (about 1 day).
- Add dried lime zest along with all remaining ingredients to a mortar and grind with a pestle.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.
Leave a Comment