This creamy, spicy chipotle honey cilantro dressing will take any salad from ho-hum to delicious! Chipotle pepper and adobo sauce add plenty of heat and lime juice and cilantro give this easy dressing a flavorful freshness.
What’s in the dressing?
This is a creamy dressing made with a mayonnaise and Greek yogurt base. (For an equally creamy and delicious but less spicy dressing also check out this steak fajita salad dressing!)
How to make it:
Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk until well combined.
How to store it:
Keep the dressing covered in the refrigerator until you’re ready to use it. Because of the fresh cilantro it’s best to use it within a few hours of making it.
What can I use the dressing on?
- This dressing is excellent on grilled chicken and seafood salads.
- It’s perfect drizzled over beans and rice bowls.
- It’s delicious as a dipping sauce for fish or chicken nuggets or even French fries.
- It really spices up roasted root vegetables!
How spicy is it?
This dressing is quite spicy. You can make it less spicy by using less chopped chipotle pepper than what the recipe calls for. For example, start with half of the amount, then add more to taste.
If you don’t have cilantro on hand, check out this honey chipotle mayo. It’s a variation on the recipe here that you can use as an easy taco sauce or a salad dressing.)
What can I do with the remaining chipotle peppers in the can?
Transfer the remaining chipotle peppers along with the adobo sauce into an airtight container and store in the fridge. (They will keep for several weeks.) Use the peppers/adobo sauce by making any of these delicious recipes:
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thank you!
Full Printable Recipe
Spicy Chipotle Honey Cilantro Dressing
- measuring spoons
- knife and cutting board
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- ½ canned chipotle pepper,* finely chopped
- ½ tablespoon adobo sauce (from the can of chipotle peppers)
- ½ tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped cilantro (you need about 24 four-inch sprigs or an equivalent amount for that)
- salt, to taste (about ⅛ teaspoon)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk until well combined. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.