This chili lime seasoning has a delicious fresh spark of citrus from dried lime zest. It’s perfect on chicken for tacos or fajitas.
Why make this recipe?
This seasoning is easy to make and the lime zest adds freshness and flavor that pair nicely with classic chili powder seasoning.
- Chili powder seasoning is a spice blend that you can either buy or make yourself. I have a homemade chili powder seasoning recipe in this recipe for chunky chili.
How to make it:
See full ingredients & instructions in the recipe card below!
Step 1. Wash, dry and zest limes.
Step 2. Transfer the zest onto wax paper or parchment paper, cover with a paper towel and let dry (about 1 day).
Step 3. Add all seasoning ingredients to a mortar.
Step 4. Grind with a pestle.
How to use it:
This seasoning is perfect as a spice rub for grilled or broiled chicken, beef or seafood that you can use in Mexican dishes, such as tacos or fajitas.
How to store it:
Store the seasoning in a dry jar in the kitchen cabinet.
How many servings does this recipe make?
The recipe card below is set to 2 servings but you can easily scale the recipe up to make as much seasoning as you like.
More delicious seasoning recipes:
- Lemon Dill Seasoning Recipe24 Hours 10 Minutes
- Homemade Seasoning Salt (sugar-free)5 Minutes
- Shrimp Seasoning24 Hours 5 Minutes
- Cuban-Inspired Spice Rub Recipe5 Minutes
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
Chili Lime Seasoning (Dry Rub)
- baking sheet or plate
- wax paper or parchment paper
- citrus zester
- paper towel
- measuring spoons
- mortar and pestle
- 2 medium-sized limes
- 1 teaspoon chili powder seasoning*
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon dried oregano
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Thoroughly wash and dry the limes, then zest them.
- Sprinkle the zest onto wax paper or parchment paper, then cover loosely with a paper towel. Let sit at room temperature until completely dry (about 1 day).
- Add chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt to a mortar.
- Add 1 teaspoon dried lime zest, then grind everything with a pestle until well combined.
- Store in an airtight container at room temperature until ready to use.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.
Leave a Comment