This easy chili garlic aioli for sweet potato fries is a delicious dipping sauce that you can make in 5 minutes with just pantry ingredients. It's flavored with chili powder seasoning, garlic, dried oregano and onion powder and pairs perfectly with the light sweetness of the sweet potato fries.
Also try this sweet dipping sauce for sweet potato fries! It's made with maple syrup and toasted chopped pecans.
What's in the aioli?
Ingredient notes & substitutions:
- You can use mild, medium or hot chili powder seasoning, depending on the spice level you'd like.
How to make it:
Step 1. Add mayonnaise, garlic, chili powder, onion powder and dried oregano to a bowl.
Step 2. Whisk together until smooth. Add a splash of milk or crema to thin the aioli, if desired.
How to serve it:
Serve the aioli as a dipping sauce with baked or fried crispy sweet potato fries or sweet potato wedges.
How to store it:
Store the aioli in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Can I use the sauce for something other than sweet potato fries?
Definitely! This aioli is great on chicken or beef burgers, or as a dip for chips, french fries, shrimp or tater tots.
How spicy is this aioli?
The level of spiciness of this aioli is determined by the chili powder seasoning you use. You can use mild, medium or hot chili powder, depending on how spicy you want the aioli to be.
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a star rating or comment! Thanks!
Full Printable Recipe
Chili Garlic Aioli for Sweet Potato Fries
- measuring cups and spoons
- knife and cutting board OR garlic press
- mixing bowl
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 small garlic cloves, peeled and minced or pressed through a garlic press
- 1 teaspoon chili powder seasoning*
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 splash of whole milk or Mexican crema to thin, if desired
- Add mayonnaise, garlic, chili powder seasoning, onion powder and oregano to a bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk in milk or crema to thin the aioli, if desired.
Nutrition Information (Estimated):
Nutrition values provided on this website are generated from a nutrition database and are estimates only. The accuracy of the nutrition information for any recipe on this website is not guaranteed. Nutrition values can vary quite a lot depending on which brands are used.